- Can texting connect teens w/ others? 13-18 y/o teens earn up to $30 by joining Text to Connect research study. Sign up here!
- Text to Connect was recently featured in USA Today! Check it out!
- Our feelings towards some African Americans change on Martin Luther King Day. Listen to the NPR coverage to hear more.
- One question that can identify a narcissist. Click here to find out what it is!
- How empathic are you compared to nearly 14,000 American college students? Click here to find out ...
- Are you good at reading people's emotions? Click here to find out ...
- Check out our Psychology Today blog for commentary on empathy-related research
The Interdisciplinary Program on Empathy and Altruism Research (iPEAR) is a research lab with a primary focus on the costs and benefits of empathy and related traits (e.g. emotional intelligence, narcissism) and behaviors (e.g. helping, caregiving). We examine causes, consequences, and changes in such topics from a variety of perspectives, including psychophysiological and neurological.